Have you been charged with a violent crime in Sarasota and are looking for legal representation? Adam Dunn and the Dunn Law Firm can provide you competent representation as your case moves through the court system. Here’s more information about violent crimes in Florida:
What are violent crimes?
A violent crime is any illegal act which harms or has the potential to harm a person or child. They are normally separated into misdemeanors and felonies depending on the charge. They can include:
- Resisting arrest with or without violence
- Simple or aggravated assault
- Child neglect or abuse
- Simple battery, a misdemeanor
- Battery on a police officer or other law enforcement officer
- Aggravated battery
- Felony battery (either due to prior offenses or using a deadly weapon)
- Domestic violence battery
- Residential burglary, burglary with battery, or armed burglary
- Kidnapping or false imprisonment
- Various murder charges including:
- Attempted first-degree murder
- Conspiracy to commit murder
- Felony murder
- Murder in the second degree
- Premeditated murder in the first degree, or capital murder
- Charges under Florida’s “10-20-Life” law which carry mandatory minimum sentences
What effect do these crimes have for the accused?
Charges for violent crimes not only carry harsh jail or prison penalties upon conviction, but they can also affect someone for life. They can include probation, a permanent criminal record affecting your ability to work, mandatory intervention programs, and monetary restitution to the victims.
Violent crime charges are very defendable, so you need to move quickly to secure legal representation from the Dunn Law Firm by calling us at 941-866-4352 today for a free consultation. Don’t wait, call today.